Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jury is Still out


March 11, 2012

The jury is still out... I think I'll double up for a week to kick things into gear a little faster.  I did that the first go around, and it seemed the help.  I'm not 100% convinced anymore... but now I'm afraid to stop.  I do feel somewhat calmer, and it is tax season, where crazy is the norm... and I haven't fallen apart completely.  Oh don't worry... I'm not giving up, but I'm also going to ask the doctor about some other issues... like a possible never-diagnosed ADHD personality.  I tried an Adderall, just to see if it would help, and the C.L.A.R.I.T.Y. and C.A.L.M was beyond my wildest dreams... maybe this is all about an issue I've had since childhood, and not hormones at all.. or a combination of both... who knows anymore.

I did read that some women only do this 90-day cycle of Amberen twice a year. I hope that after I can "kick into gear" that maybe I can take one every other day or so... I'm just trying to find ways to stay balanced, but also stay on a budget!    It hasn't even been a month yet, so I'll just keep plugging away... I'm just so impatient!

By the way... someone asked me if I was affiliated with AMBEREN - NO I AM NOT!  I am just a crazy menopausal woman who heard about it on a Dr. Laura commercial!  There are so many testimonials FOR and AGAINST the product.  This is just my little personal journey which I wanted to share with anyone who happened to stop by to read it... I hope I am not stepping on any copyright toes by doing this... 

3 comments:

  1. OK - I'm 45 and was diagnosed with ADD at 40. I am medicated, and I take adderall everyday... and I often say that my real life began when I was diagnosed and started medication.

    When my med.s wear off, it's obvious, I get a burst of energy to dance, call people, start doing 2 more activities on top of what I am trying to do, and want to eat, and I get hyper. ON my meds I am level headed, I can complete tasks. I don't feel erractic or emotionally motivated(which is a classic ADHD symptom in adult women).

    I ordered Amberen to help with the weight problem and also help with other menopausal symptoms. I am hopeful for good results.

    I found your blog as I googled to see if there was any negative information from any women who had negative experiences in combining Amberen and adderall.

    I haven't read anything negative yet, and since caffeine makes ADD people calm, I was just wondering if Amberen would still work on me. Well I'll keep looking - but I do want to you to pursue Adderall and unlock your real potential in life.

    Please know - Adderall really works for ADD people, and it really is wrong to take it if someone is not a sufferer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In June 2012, I went to a Psychiatrist, received an official diagnosis of ADD/ADHD and received a prescription for Adderall. I was scared at first (internet horror stories) but I learned it is a "drug of ABUSE - NOT addiction" - it does not build up on our system. People without ADHD abuse it for an energetic high - but our brains function differently - the Adderall actually soothes our brain waves, allowing us to think rationally... clearly... thoughtfully...

      Within 15 minutes I could tell - and was so happy I started crying! Is THIS what normal people feel? Oh what I've been missing! The ping-pong-balls in my brain have subsided... I can have a coherent conversation without interrupting! I no longer feel... ERRATIC, as you mentioned... Yet I don't feel "drugged" or "in a fog"... just a NORMALCY that I have never before felt! (I still procrastinate - let me know when they have a drug for THAT one!)

      So far, there have been no conflicts with the Amberen and Adderall - in fact, I think they COMPLIMENT each other! Amberen is awakening things in me that have been long asleep... the Adderall helps me clearly understand and ENJOY it all!

      Thank you for the important reminder: DO NOT TAKE ADDERALL UNLESS PRESCRIBED BY A DOCTOR!

      Please feel free to send me a private email - I would love to keep in touch... Addiedebkins@gmail.com

      Here's to a CLEAR and JOYFUL 2013!!
      All my best,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete