Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I Just don't Care Anymore...

March 28, 2012

I'm taking a double dose every other day now.  I'll taper back down to once daily soon.  Sleep has been interrupted due to a new device I am testing out.  But hopefully I'll be used to it by next week... No weight loss (but no gain either).  I still feel ADDish... but that could be attributed to the season (tax)... My MOOD feels better and better every day.  I don't get so upset when husband says something profoundly stupid.

  
I found a very interesting article today on the Amberen Facebook page:  Huffington Post: Will Your Marriage Survive Menopause?   This quote really jumped at me:
During menopause a woman's brain also goes through changes. Dr. Louann Brizendine (author of The Female Brain) says, "The mommy brain unplugs. Menopause means the end of the hormones that have boosted communication circuits, emotion circuits, the drive to tend and care, and the urge to avoid conflict at all costs."

The whole article is interesting - but this quote... BAM!  Sometimes I just don't CARE anymore!  I actually noticed this feature of motherhood leaving me, and was a little worried about it.  I don't CARE as much as I used to... I don't want to FIX things as much as I used to.  I don't care if I offend or upset "the husband in the chair"...

There it is in black and white.  I'm not the only one. There is a literal brain-thing that happens.  THE MOMMY BRAIN UNPLUGS!  Who knew?  I remember when my mother must have started this phase.  She would say, "I have to go now dear,"  right in the middle of my crisis!  I wish she were here so I could share this revelation with her...  Thankfully I have this blog to share it with... Has anyone else noticed their Mommy Brain Unplugging?  Am I the only one who will admit it feels kind of nice?  

No comments:

Post a Comment