Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!


July 4, 2012

I had an unexpected vacation for the whole month of June - literally stranded in Portland and Orcas Island while waiting for my new (very old) car to be repaired... making sure it worked so I would make it, driving all the way home to Phoenix!  I am not complaining, mind you - I mean really... being STUCK on Orcas Island?  I am SOOO grateful I had a home to stay in (my Aunt Barb lives there) and was able to spend some much needed time with my daughter, who is working at a local resort for the summer... it was an absolutely fabulous experience... if you have to be stranded somewhere, I HIGHLY recommend it!

POINT BEING... I was still taking my AMBEREN, skipping Sundays.   But in the middle of June, I realized I hadn't brought enough of my pills with me - and took them every other day to make them last.  When I realized my trip was going to be much longer than anticipated, I had the rest of them shipped to me.  I didn't feel any different taking them every other day, and decided to start doing that on a regular basis this month.  

My moods are still on an even keel... 
the weight is peeling off a little bit at a time. 
I feel like my old womanly self more every day... and never want to give them up.  
But to save money and make them last a little longer, 
I will skip a couple more days each week... 
I'm such a cheapskate!  
Starting today, I will skip Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday... 
taking them Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday - 4 out of 7 days.
Good thing I got that silly Pill-Minder thingy - it's turning out to be quite handy after all! 

Oh... and by the way... 
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! 
 It takes on a whole new meaning this year... 
for while I am always grateful to live in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave... 
this year I am also celebrating 
FREEDOM FROM HORMONAL MOOD ENTRAPMENT!  
©Russ Burden

No comments:

Post a Comment